Fuquay-Varina Homes for Sale
Fuquay-Varina is a town in the southernmost part of Wake County in North Carolina. Just south of Holly Springs and southwest of Garner, north of the Harnett County town of Angie, and west of the unincorporated community of Willow Springs. This town, also known simply as "Fuquay," is known best for its Fuquay Mineral Spring Park.
Continue to read to find what Fuquay-Varina, NC has to offer its locals and future residents.
Quality of Life
The community of Fuquay-Varina, NC is known best for living, working, and playing, allowing its citizens to do all without having to venture far from their home base. Part of a county that is consistently rated as one of the best places to live in North Carolina, whether you are looking to rent or buy, there are many housing options available.
Working in Fuquay-Varina, NC
Working in Wake County and Fuquay-Varina has never been easier. Because there is a wide variety of industries, this allows individuals to choose from a large selection of employment opportunities around the Triangle. You will find that work in the Triangle houses thousands of jobs, making the hunt all the easier. Major employers here include the following:
- John Deere
- TE Connectivity
- Bob Barker Company
- Fidelity Bank
According to Niche, Fuquay-Varina, NC offers residents a sparse suburban feel with its many parks and homes. The median home value is $303,400 with the median rent being $1,391. 71% of the population owns their homes with 29% renting. Fuquay-Varina ranks #26 out of 185 as the "best suburbs to raise a family in North Carolina."
- South Lakes. This beautiful planned unit features up to 991 single-family home lots and 45 townhome lots. There is also the addition of 130 acres of open space. This neighborhood is centered around a 30-acre lake with award-winning healthcare facilities, local retailers, and dining establishments. South Lakes is part of the Wake County Public School System offering the best schools to children in the area.
- Phillips Pointe. Most homes in Phillips Pointe are reasonably priced and come with a variety of features to make the neighborhood feel welcoming as well as cozy. Located minutes from downtown Fuquay-Varina, you will find commuting from this neighborhood easy and convenient.
- Bentwinds. At Bentwinds, you will find a variety of large single-family homes on the market. The neighborhood is famous for its golf and country club.
- Partin Place. This neighborhood is hailed as the perfect location to call home for young professionals and families looking for stylish, affordable homes. At Partin Place, you will find that residents are offered a separate small-town feel while being conveniently located near downtown Raleigh.
- Carriage Heights. This thriving community provides residents with a quiet atmosphere with a high quality of life, and its located 30 minutes from downtown Raleigh and the town of Apex. Carriage Heights is family-friendly as it regularly hosts community events and recreational activities.
- Summerdale. This neighborhood is hailed as the best place to live for retirees. You can find mid-sized homes all reasonably priced, and Summerdale is made up of new, different construction with many unique floor plans.
- Ridges at Kenneth Creek. This top neighborhood in Fuquay-Varina is made up of beautiful homes that vary in style, price, and size. This neighborhood has prime proximity to downtown Fuquay-Varina, as well as some amazing schools in the area.
- Maggie Run. This neighborhood is drawing attention for its affordable listings. Partnered with a rather safe community, Maggie Run is part of the Wake County School District.
- Lakestone Village. Full of single-family homes, townhomes, and local small businesses, Lakestone Village has it all. This neighborhood has a very involved homeowners association, therefore there are many events hosted here throughout the year, such as frequent pool parties in the summer and a fall festival in the autumn.
- Harrison Place. A well-established community first started in 2006, Harrison Place is a great place for young families to call home.
Fuquay-Varina, NC is part of the Wake County Public School System, the largest in the state of North Carolina, and one of the top-performing large systems in the nation. Fuquay currently has 7 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 2 high schools, and 2 public charter schools.
- Ballentine Elementary School (Multi-track Year Round): Niche Grade is A-
- Banks Road Elementary (Multi-track Year Round): Niche Grade is B+
- Fuquay-Varina Elementary School (Traditional): Niche Grade is B+
- Herbert Akins Road Elementary (Multi-track Year Round): Niche Grade is A-
- Lincoln Heights Elementary School (Traditional): Niche Grade is B-
- South Lakes Elementary School (Traditional)
- Willow Spring Elementary School (Multi-track Year Round): Niche Grade is A
- Fuquay-Varina Middle School (Traditional): Niche Grade is A-
- Herbert Akins Road Middle School (Multi-track Year Round)
- Southern Wake Academy (Public Charter): Niche Grade is B-
- Fuquay-Varina High School (Traditional): Niche Grade is A-
- Willow Spring High School (Traditional): Niche Grade is B-
- Southern Wake Academy (Public Charter): Niche Grade is B-
- Wake Technical Community College: Largest community college in the state with an annual enrollment of approximately 70,000 students. Niche grade is B-
Fuquay-Varina, NC is surrounded by outstanding universities, excellent public schools, and the biggest community college, you can find a highly educated workforce in a constantly evolving world.
There is much entertainment that Fuquay-Varina has to offer its residents. From healing waters to the best local eateries, this town is sure not to disappoint. Here are a few of the best that Fuquay has to offer:
- Healing waters. This spring is believed to have natural healing powers at Fuquay Mineral Spring Park where the resort town was developed around the site and incorporated in 1909.
- The best craft beer. There is no shortage of craft beer in Fuquay-Varina. Tour Aviator Brewing Company to sample beer at the brewery that started in an airplane hangar. Or sample some fresh brews and catch the best local live music offered at Aviator Brewing Tap House.
- Small town history. The Fuquay-Varina Museums Complex was made in honor of the town's rich history, housing artifacts, as well as the Squire Ballentine School, and the Centennial Museum.
For more local information on the community of Fuquay-Varina, check out our website.
Closed (sold) listings may have been listed and/or sold by a real estate firm other than the firm(s) featured on this website. Closed data is not available until the sale of the property is recorded in the MLS. Home sale data is not an appraisal, CMA, competitive or comparative market analysis, or home valuation of any property.